Thursday, January 5, 2023

I'm Back!!

It's been awhile since I have blogged.  The reason?  I was "too busy."  Was that really the reason?  Probably not.  What is the real reason?  Who knows.  Who cares at this point.  What matters is I have decided to start again.  Why?  Because of a friendly challenge at work.  Those participating chose 3 daily goals and if we complete those each day, we can put a marble in our cup.  The person with the most marbles at the end of the month gets a prize.  A few of us put journaling down as a goal.  I looked and looked and looked for a good journal.  There are soooooooo many journals out there; it was overwhelming.  I couldn't commit to a journal.  After talking with my colleagues, I mentioned I should probably just blog again because I can type faster than I can write, I enjoy it, and it's therapeutic for me.  
  
Alright, so lets get into it............

Today is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Brent and the kids wished me a happy birthday first thing and I had several messages when I woke up.  I was going to stop for my birthday drink at Starbucks and had a feeling I should probably wait on submitting my order because my friend/boss sometimes picks up Starbucks.  About 5 minutes after I was getting ready to place my order, Marisol sent me a text asking me what drink I wanted. 😀  Once I got to work, I got my drink from Marisol, received several birthday wishes, and then was given a sweet handmade birthday card (made by Ashley and signed by the team), roses, and my favorite cake (carrot).
Family pic before school and work.

Look how cute that card is.  Ashley is super talented!
I left the office early so I could get home to the family.  After I helped Zuri with math, I opened gifts.  The kids each made me very sweet cards.  Zuri used her own money to buy me a shirt.  Then I opened the big box.  Inside were some of my favorite things.  I got PJs and perfume from Victoria's Secret; candles and hand soap from Bath & Body Works; and the big item was new topaz stud earrings from a former colleague's family business (Hoosier Jewelry in Whiteland, Indiana).  Check them out if you're local (https://hoosierjewelry.com/)!
Some pretty fancy wrapping. 😊

Family pic!

Love handmade cards!

Beautiful topaz earrings!

All my goodies.
Once I was done opening gifts, we left for dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Everyone had the same idea.  That place was packed for a Thursday night!  While we waited for a table, I read and responded to all Facebook posts.  There were a lot!  I am always blown away by all the messages I receive.  During dinner, we heard several "Attention Texas Roadhouse guests!!!"  There were a TON of birthdays.  Zuri made sure our waitress knew it was also my birthday.  They didn't bring over the saddle (thankfully!), but they did the "Attention Texas Roadhouse guests!!!" so that everyone knew it was my 21st birthday.  I mean, I didn't say I was 21, the woman who was announcing my birthday said, "21, right?" and who was I to correct her?  😂

We went home, I took Luna for a walk (another goal - move 15 minutes each day), and we got the kids to bed.  Now I am blogging while watching Law & Order SVU and listening to Brent snore.  😜

Overall, it was a great birthday and I am glad to be back to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment